Your privacy is important to Voltalia UK Ltd and we are committed to process your Personal Data with lawfulness, fairness and transparency.
A. VOLTALIA Portugal SA owns the platform for the sale of B2C and B2B products, whose domain is www.distribution.voltalia.com (hereinafter “the Site”).
B. The Site will be used by all the Joint Responsible, and each of the Joint Responsible will be responsible for the management of their respective virtual store (front office), together with VOLTALIA PORTUGAL S.A.
C. Joint Responsible Persons means VOLTALIA PORTUGAL S.A., VOLTALIA UK LTD, VOLTALIA RENOVABLES ESPAÑA S.A., VOLTALIA SA, VOLTALIA ITALIA SRL.
D. The Site has a single back office to which all joint officers can access, with no restrictions on access by geography.
E. The parties act as Joint Responsible for the processing of personal data carried out through the Site, as they jointly define the purposes and means of such processing;
F. That said operations of processing personal data are essential for the continuation of the professional activity of the parties;
G. According to current legislation, in particular, Article 26 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of April 27, 2016 (“Regulation” or “GDPR”), the Joint Responsible for processing "determine, by agreement between themselves and in a transparent manner, their respective responsibilities for compliance with this Regulation, namely with regard to the exercise of the data subject's rights and the respective duties to provide the information referred to in Articles 13 and 14 ";
The terms "we", or "our" and "ours" that we use in this document mean Voltalia Portugal SA and Joint Responsible, and "you", "yours" and "yours" refer to the Site User.
Through this Policy Voltalia UK Ltd commits itself to:
- Respect your privacy and your choices.
- Ensure that all questions concerning the protection of Personal Data and security are at the heart of our activities.
- Collaborate only with partners who share the same values than us.
- Respect your rights to meet your demands as much as possible.
Voltalia UK Ltd will only process the Personal Data you provide to us through this website in accordance with this Policy and remains at your disposal for any questions concerning your Personal Data.
You can send us an email anytime at the following email address: email@example.com
1. Who we are?
Voltalia is an international renewable energy company producing electricity from many sources (wind, solar power, hydropower and biomass combining storage solutions). It also provides services to independent customers. Voltalia operates in 20 countries over 4 continents and is able to act worldwide on behalf of its customers.
Acting as a Distributor on a global scale, We make sure that distribution is always accompanied by knowledge and services that add value for/to our customers, in the residential and industrial sector.
The distribution business line of Voltalia, is specialized in the distribution of Solar Equipment: modules, inverters, mounting systems, On-grid and off-grid kits, PV components, etc…
On the distribution, our aim is to provide added value solutions to meet our clients’ requirements and contribute to the expansion of their business, building a real partnership with them.
2. What is Personal Data?
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
3. What Personal Data do we collect from you and how do we use it?
As a User, you can share with us Personal Data when you contact us directly through the website, phone, mail contact (mainly surname, first name, nationality, gender, email, date of birth, tax number and Bank account and credit cards details).
Voltalia UK Ltd also collects data by using cookies to obtain information that is used solely to produce anonymous statistics, which does not allow to follow your browsing on other sites or for more accurate location data than the country information only for the purpose of identifying the browser language.
The Site contains links to social networks such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Voltalia UK Ltd will not be held responsible, directly or indirectly, for the data they collect. We invite you to learn more about their own policies on privacy and data protection.
4. What are the lawful bases for processing?
Relies on at least one of the following legal bases to process your data:
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which Voltalia UK Ltd is subject.
- The processing is necessary in order to take pre-contractual measures following a request from you (especially following your request for contact on the Site in order to enter in a business relationship with Voltalia UK Ltd).
- The processing is necessary to pursue the legitimate interests of Voltalia UK Ltd (such as Registration for Online purchases; Sales statistics; e-mail marketing for newsletters and for news about company and market; Online campaigns; Follow up contacts by phone or e-mail; After Sales support).
5. Access to your Personal Data by third parties and security of processing
The Personal Data we collect, and those we obtained subsequently, are intended for us in our capacity as controller. We ensure that only authorized persons have access to this data.
Your data may also be disclosed to third parties in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, or to its trusted service providers, and to enable the execution of measures in the legitimate interest of Voltalia UK Ltd.
We apply reasonable standards of physical, technical and administrative security to protect your data against loss, unauthorized access, misuse, modification, destruction or damage. However, sending information on the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best, we cannot guarantee the security of your data delivered on the Site.
6. Where do we store your Personal Data?
Voltalia UK Ltd stores your data on its secure servers, located within the European Economic Area ("EEA"). may be led to share your data with authorized persons, including in countries outside the EU-EEA, based on its legitimate interest, in order to perform pre-contractual measures following a request from you or in order to comply with a legal obligation to which Voltalia UK Ltd is subject.
7. For how long we will keep your data
• Regarding the cookies and tracers on the Site:
Cookies are small text files that might be stored on your device in order to allow the Site works more efficiently by saving your preferences for a maximum of thirteen months.
May collect data by using cookies to obtain information that is used solely to produce anonymous statistics, which does not allow us to follow your browsing on other sites or having more accurate location data than the Country for the purpose of identifying the browser language.
You should access the instructions of your browser (Chrome, Internet, Firefox) if you want to delete them (e.g. the PHPSESSID we use that expires when the user's browser is closed).
• Concerning the sections Registration for online purchases, sales statistics, follow-up contacts by phone or email, after-sales support:
We will keep your Personal Data for the time necessary for the purpose for which they are processed (Until you notify VLT about no authorization to use your data for this purpose)
• Concerning the data communicated in the sections Marketing/Communication i.e. for newsletters, news about company and market and Online campaigns:
We will not keep your Personal Data for longer than the time necessary for the purpose for which they are processed (1 year maximum after the last contact or without answer after two successive solicitations).
8. For what purposes will we process your data?
• Compliance with legal and contractual obligations derived from the sale and purchase of products and services sold through the website.
• Remission of commercial advertising communications by e-mail, SMS or any other electronic or physical means, present or future, that enables commercial communications. These communications will be made by VOLTALIA and will be related to its products and services, or to its collaborators or suppliers, with whom it has reached a promotional agreement. In this case, third parties will never have access to personal data.
• Carry out market studies and statistical analysis.
• Process orders, requests, respond to queries or any type of request made by the USER through any of the contact forms that are made available on the VOLTALIA website.
• Send the online newsletter, about news, offers and promotions related to our activity.
9. Your Rights
- Right to access your Personal Data – You have the right to be informed about whether your Personal Data is being processed by Voltalia UK Ltd (article 15 of the GDPR);
- Right to rectification – the right to ask us to modify or update inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data (article 16 of the GDPR);
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) – the right to ask us to permanently delete Personal Data when the data subject considers that we no longer have any reason to do so collect/process (article 17 of the GDPR);
- Right to restriction of processing – the right to ask us to stop temporarily or the processing of all or part of the Personal Data (article 18 of the GDPR);
- Right to portability – the right to request a copy of your Personal Data in a structured and machine-readable format in order to hand it over to a third party (article 20 of the GDPR);
- Right to object – the right to object at any time, for reasons related to the situation of the data subject, to the processing of Personal Data concerning him/her having as its legal basis the pursuit of a legitimate interest. Unless we demonstrate a legitimate and compelling interest justifying such processing, we will only process the Personal Data concerned (article 21.1 and 21.2 of the GDPR);
- Right to decide the fate of your data after death – in some countries, you have the right to impose the fate that you wish to reserve your Personal Data in the event of death.
- You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time if it is based on such consent (including marketing purposes), without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to such withdrawal (article 7.3 of the GDPR).
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the national data protection authority. You can make this appeal to the supervisory authority of the Member State in which your habitual residence is located, your work or the place where the violation was committed (article 77 of the GDPR).
10. Contacts and how to exercise your rights
To exercise your right, please send your request directly to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to One Lyric Square, Hammersmith, London, W6 0NB - England
You must clearly indicate your name and first name, the address to which you want the answer to be sent to you and attach a photocopy of an identity document bearing your signature. These rights are not unlimited and, in some cases, Voltalia UK Ltd. may refuse your request.